1. NY Times is reporting that Haitians here "illegally" can now get Temporary Protected Status. As the paper of record, I would like to point out to the NY Times that it's not only those who are here "illegally". Temporary Protected Status is also for Haitians who might be in the U.S on a visitors visa, student visa or a business visa. It is far too dangerous to require them to go back now.
2. MTV is reporting that Jimmy O rapper and member of Wyclef's Yele Organization has died in the Earthquake.
3. NY Times is reporting that an owner of a Brooklyn of a Haitian Brooklyn Restaurant is missing.
4. Rachel Maddow is reporting tonight that Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT & T are waiving all text message service charges if you make a donation via text messaging. She is also reporting that as of now Verizon is the only cell phone company that will be releasing the moneys to charity immediately. Sprint will release 80 % of the money collected immediately.
5. Orphanage in Haiti needs help
6. The Caribbean rallies behind Haiti: Guyana gives a very generous donation to Haiti as they struggle themselves.
7. The most shocking development of the day is on CNN- Doctors working for the U.N has abandon their critically ill patients for security reasons. Dr. Sanjay Gupta who is reporting from the scene is the only doctor at the scene and has been left behind to take care of the dying patients.