Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Kind of Racial Profiling?

During the summer I went out on a date with a White girl. On our way back to my place we stopped for some groceries at that supermarket on Rogers Avenue. The clerk asked my date ,unabashedly, what type of organic products she would like to see shelved? She looked at him like wtf. Why in the world would you ask her such a question? Just because she’s white, the clerk assumed that she was new to the neighborhood and hence would like organic products. I see all these old time grocery stores on Flatbush with signs that say "we sell organic." Is that code word for we cater to White people?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wrote:

"I see all these old time grocery stores on Flatbush with signs that say "we sell organic." Is that code word for we cater to White people?"

No. It's code for we sell over-priced high-profit organic food.

Racial Profiling Essay said...

well post, i was looking the same for my racial profiling essay help.

Essay on Racial Profiling